Here is a quick and easy recipe you can throw together for a dinner or even meal prepping for the week ahead to take for lunch!
Lean and Green Entree | Chicken, Squash & Blue Cheese Mini Frittatas
- 3/4 lb cooked, shredded, chicken breast
- 4 cups liquid egg substitute
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp minced scallion
- 6 cups diced yellow squash
- Preheat oven to at 450⁰F. Toss the diced squash with the salt and olive oil. Spread it on a sheet pan.
- Roast the squash for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly caramelized. Reduce heat to 425⁰F.
- In a bowl, combine the roasted squash with the chicken, blue cheese, and scallions.
- Place an equal amount of squash-chicken mixture into 16 indentations in non-stick muffin pans, and then fill the indentations up with liquid egg substitute.
- Bake at 425⁰F for 15 minutes. Remove the frittatas from the pan, and serve warm.