A little seafood twist on a recipe that everyone knows and loves! Keeping it healthy and throwing a lean in there… Who could ask for more?
Lean and Green Entree | Crab Cauli Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 6 cups riced cauliflower, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 scallion, trimmed
- 3 spreadable cheese wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay (optional)
- Cook two cups of the cauliflower rice in microwave for 5 minutes until soft.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower with the spreadable cheese wedges, a ½ teaspoon salt, mozzarella, scallion, and water in a blender.
- Puree into a smooth sauce. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the remaining 4 cups cauliflower rice over high heat until lightly caramelized 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add a ¼ teaspoon salt, and carefully fold in the crabmeat. Continue to saute until heated through.
- Stir in the cauliflower puree and sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired.