Up and at ’em with a healthy breakfast/brunch option to keep the whole family happy and ready for the holiday festivities!
Lean and Green Brunch | Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast
- 6 cups small broccoli florets
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz reduced fat cheddar, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large microwave safe dish, add broccoli with 2-3 tbsp water. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer broccoli to a colander to drain off any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Arrange broccoli on the bottom of a lightly greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the broccoli and then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set and top forms a light brown crust.