Have a hankering for some Mexican but need to stay on plan? Try this dish that would be perfect for get togethers or low key night in. Enjoy!
Lean and Green Appetizer | Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 12 oz can of low sodium chicken breast drained
- 6 oz avocado mashed
- 1/2 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 24 mini bell peppers halved with the stem, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- cooking spray
- Sauté diced jalapeno in a lightly greased skillet until tender.
- Mix the jalapeno, chicken, avocado, yogurt, 1 cup of cheese, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the mini bell peppers in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Fill with chicken mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and broil until cheese has melted – about 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with salsa if desired.