It’s getting to be that time of year where we are not past cold weather but close enough that we are looking forward to warmer weather. This is the perfect combo of that… warm slow cooker recipe with a taste of barbecues in our near future!
Lean and Green Entree | Slow Cooker Pork BBQ with Tangy Cabbage Slaw
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 6 tbsp sugar free barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard, divided
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce, one tablespoon of mustard, and a ½ teaspoon salt. Rub barbecue mixture over pork, and place pork in a slow cooker. Pour water over top, and cook on low for 7 hours until very tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, reserving liquid for later use, and shred using two forks.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved barbecue liquid into a large sauce pan. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil, ½ tablespoon mustard, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and caraway seeds. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped cabbage, and simmer gently until just wilted about 3 to 4 minutes. Divide the cabbage slaw into 4 equal-sized portions and serve each with 6 ounces shredded pork.