Who’s in the mood for Mexican?! Here is the perfect recipe to make for dinner or cook up ahead for lunch throughout the week when you are craving something with a little kick!
Lean and Green Entree | Chicken Enchilada Rollups
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can (10 oz) mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 (6 oz) raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese blend, divided
- 3 cups grated cauliflower
- 4 1/2 oz avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Ina small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and chili powder. Rub on both sides of each chicken piece.
- In a lightly greased baking, pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Lay chicken, cut side up on a work surface. Top each piece, in the center, with about 2 teaspoons chilies, 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll each one up and set them seam side down in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce, chilies, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake 10 to 15 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, microwave grated cauliflower with 1 tablespoon water in the microwave 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Place each chicken roll up on a bed of cauliflower rice and top with avocado and fresh cilantro.