It’s easy to feel like being on plan, you will have to give up some of your favorites dishes especially ones with pasta. But when you get to substitute the pasta with vegetables and enjoy a delish meal, now that’s a WIN-WIN!
Lean and Green Entree | Zucchini Spinach Manicotti
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup low sugar tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/8 inch thick slices; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan, salt, and nutmeg.
- Layer three slices of zucchini parallel to each other so that they are slightly overlapping one another. Place a large spoonful of ricotta mixture on one end of the zucchini slices and roll up the zucchini. Place the stuffed zucchini next to each other into a lightly greased 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over top of zucchini and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.