Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a culinary delight that brings together the best of grilled chicken and vibrant, mouthwatering flavors. So fire up the grill, gather your loved ones, and get ready to savor the deliciousness of Grilled Chicken Kabobs.
Lean and Green Entree | Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Cucumber Mint Yogurt Sauce and Roasted Radishes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber, squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 12 oz radishes, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Cut the chicken into 1½-inch cubes or pieces and put them in a large bowl. Drizzle the chicken with half of the olive oil, then add the allspice and half of the salt. Toss well to evenly coat the chicken pieces.3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, make the yogurt sauce. Combine the garlic, lemon juice, cucumber, yogurt and mint in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss the radishes with remaining olive oil, pepper, and remaining salt and place on a small parchment lined backing sheet in a single layer. Roast in a 450°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the radishes roast, spray the grates of an outdoor grill (or an indoor griddle) with nonstick cooking spray and heat. Thread the chicken pieces evenly on 8-inch long skewers (see note).
- Grill the chicken skewers over medium-high heat, turning each kabob one-quarter turn every couple minutes, until the meat is browned all over, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, divide the radishes and kabobs evenly onto plates and drizzle each with about 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sauce.
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for about 20 minutes prior to use.