It’s the time of year where everyone is being invited to holiday’s with family, work pot luck’s, game day tailgating or other types of get togethers. If you are looking for a light and refreshing dish to share at one of these, this is the perfect recipe. Enjoy!
Lean and Green Side Dish | Cucumber Caprese Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cucumber peeled, sliced thin and diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 oz part skim mozzarella 1/3 lean
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, pepper and set aside.
- Peel washed cucumber, slice thin and then dice. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Quarter washed cherry tomatoes and add to bowl with cucumber.
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls) – add to bowl.
- Pour dressing (step 1) over vegetables and cheese, mix well.
- Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.