Looking for a nice hearty soup to warm you up during the colder days? This delicious recipe was made for you then!
Lean and Green Entree | Loaded Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 5.3 oz container low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 oz cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- chives to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, or until translucent. Add the celery and garlic, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower, zucchini, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf. Puree the mixture in a food processor, with an immersion blender, or by using a potato masher.
- Slowly mix in the Greek yogurt and 1 cup of the cheese, then add the chicken. Garnish with remaining cheese, bacon bits, and chives.