A delightful twist on the classic Italian dish, offering a healthier and vegetarian alternative that will leave you wishing for more!
Lean and Green Entree | Personal Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- 8 tbsp shredded fresh basil (optional)
- 8 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and gills scraped out
- 4 cup reduced-fat cheese, like mozzarella, shredded or cut into small pieces
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Place the mushroom caps on a lightly-greased baking sheet lined with foil. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes on each side until tender.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, and evenly spread the tomato sauce into each cap. Top with cheese and basil. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.