This mouthwatering creation combines the succulent flavors of fresh lobster meat with a health-conscious approach that’s perfect for those watching their carbohydrate intake.
Lean and Green Entree | Low Carb Lobster Roll
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 small stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 12 oz cooked lobster meat
- 1/3 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 2 small hearts romaine lettuce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat grill.
- Slice romaine hearts in half lengthwise. Remove a few of the inner leaves from each half to create a boat-like shape for the lobster filling. Lightly coat the insides and edges of each “boat” with butter, and grill cut-side-down to get a slight char and bring out the flavors of the lettuce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix remaining ingredients except for the lobster meat. Once ingredients are well combined, fold in the lobster meat until completely coated.
- Divide lobster mixture evenly among the boats, and serve immediately!
- Tip: Use 12 ounces of cooked peeled and deveined shrimp in place of lobster!