Need a filling meal that you can through together quickly? This one is for you!
Lean and Green Entree | Cheese Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, stemmed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Using a spoon, scoop out interior of mushroom caps to create "bowls".
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, and half of olive oil. Brush both sides of the mushroom caps with mixture. Place onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake until soft, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine mozzarella, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, and remaining olive oil.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly amongst the mushroom caps and bake until cheese is melted, an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro.