This is a great spin off of the delicious famous sandwich that you can enjoy even while staying on plan… Eat up!
Lean and Green Entree | Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 6 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb thinly shaved, deli roast beef
- 4 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 4 1-oz slices of reduced fat provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in broth over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Mix in the roast beef and heat through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cream cheese.
- Line the inside of each bell pepper with a quarter slice of cheese. Next, fill each pepper with an eighth of the roast beef mixture, then top with another quarter slice of cheese. Repeat for remaining bell pepper halves. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until peppers are tender and cheese on top is melted and bubbly.