Whether you are looking for new staple at the holiday table or a tasty dish to throw in the mix of dinner planning, this recipe does not disappoint! Enjoy this filling but on plan meal!
Lean and Green Entree | Cauliflower Crust Chicken Potpie
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 lb chicken thighs skinless and boneless, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced kabocha squash
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 cup cut green beans
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine cauliflower and water in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain and allow cauliflower to cool. Place cauliflower in a cheesecloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix 3/4 of the riced cauliflower with the parmesan cheese and egg.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread cauliflower mixture into 4 equally sized circles that will fit the circumference of your serving bowls. Bake cauliflower crusts until center is dry and crust is golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients to an instant pot, including riced cauliflower, to make the potpie filling. Secure lid, push meat/stew mode and adjust time for 10 minutes. When instant pot beeps, naturally release pressure.
- Ladle chicken potpie filling into bowls and top each with a cauliflower crust.