Looking for a great recipe to take for the holidays? Look no further as this is a tried and true dish that many expect to see as they pass the dishes along while they make their plates….and it’s on plan!
Lean and Green Side Dish | Green Bean Casserole
- 1 16 oz bag frozen whole green beans
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 packet stevia
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Microwave green beans according to package directions.
- Lightly grease a medium sized skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic until tender, about 5 to 7 min. Combine mushroom mixture with green beans in a medium sized bowl, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, sour cream, cornstarch, stevia, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Toss vegetables in sauce mixture until evenly coated. Add cheddar cheese and mix until well combined.
- Spread into a lightly greased baking dish, top with parmesan, and bake until topping is golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.