Here is a great option for a holiday main dish or a week night dinner that will make everyone’s mouth water! Enjoy!
Lean and Green Entree | Turkey Meatloaf with Fennel
- 2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 3 cups finely chopped Napa cacbbage about 6 oz
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted and crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small fennel bulbs about 1 lb
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, Napa cabbage, green onions, pine nuts, paparika, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the ground turkey mixture into a loaf 7 inches long and 4 inches wide, and place on baking sheet. Bake the meatloaf for about 30 min or until internal temperature of 165 F.
- Meanwhile, remove the green stalks of fennel and cut the bulbs in half lengthwise. Cut each half of fennel into quarter wedges and remove the center core. Reserve some of the fine fronds and cut them coarsely for later use.
- Heat a nonstick skillet with oil and sear the fennel wedges until lightly browned. Add the chicken stock and remaining salt and pepper and cover with skillet lid. Cook on medium to high heat for about 5 min or until fennel is tender. Remove lid and continue to cook until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in the parmesan cheese and fennel fronds.
- Carve the meatloaf and serve along with the fennel.