With BBQ season upon us, it’s always nice to have a variety of ideas to take to your grill. These are on plan and absolutely delicious!
Lean and Green Entree | Greek Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 oz reduced fat feta
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 10 chopped and pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb 95-97% lean ground chicken
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, cut into eight bun-sized pieces
- Chop half of the cucumber into small pieces, and place in a small bowl. Slice remaining cucumber into thin slices for sandwiches, and set aside. Add remaining sauce ingredients to small bowl, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine burger ingredients. Add chicken, and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four burger patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with oil, and, using cooking tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Add burgers, and grill covered, over medium heat, until a meat thermometer reads 165°F (about 5-7 minutes on each side).
- Serve on iceberg lettuce “buns” with tomato slices, remaining cucumber, and sauce.