Warmer weather is slowly coming and with that come warmer weather cuisine! This recipe is perfect for a nice dinner on the deck or a fun grilling out get together with family and friends. Enjoy!
Lean and Green Entree | Grilled Mahi Mahi with Jicama Slaw
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly cut into long strips like matchsticks
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups jicama, thinly cut into long strips like matchsticks
- 1 tbsp lime juice, divided
- 4 (8-oz.) raw mahi mahi fillets
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 cups coarsely chopped watercress
- Combine one teaspoon of lime juice, a half teaspoon of both salt and pepper, and two teaspoons of oil in a small bowl. Brush the mahi mahi fillets all over with the olive oil mixture.
- Grill the mahi mahi over medium-high heat until done, about 5 minutes per side (internal temperature of 145⁰F.)
- For the slaw, combine the jicama, cucumber, watercress, and alfalfa sprouts in a bowl. Combine two teaspoons of lime juice, a half teaspoon of both salt and pepper, and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over slaw, and toss to combine.