If you are looking for a Indian inspired meal packed with flavor, look no further! Enjoy this delicious dish!
Lean and Green Entree | Eggplant Curry with Eggs
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups diced eggplant
- 12 eggs
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced thin
- 3/4 lb tomatoes, diced small
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 cup water
- In a mixing bowl, toss the eggplant with the salt, ginger, garlic, scallions, cumin, turmeric, ground coriander, cayenne pepper and black pepper and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the eggplant into a wide skillet and add the tomatoes and one cup of water. Cover the skillet with a lid and begin to cook gently, stirring occasionally, adding water as needed to create a stew.
- When the eggplants are tender, create 12 little indentations with a ladle into the eggplant stew. Crack a raw egg into each indentation, cover the skillet with a lid, and continue to cook very gently until the eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with coriander, and serve hot.