This BBQ chicken and broccoli salad offers a delightful combination of smoky flavors, crisp vegetables, and tender chicken. It’s a perfect dish for a summer gathering or a healthy meal option any time of the year. Enjoy!
Lean and Green Entree | BBQ Chicken & Ranch Broccoli Salad
- 4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp no sugar added BBQ seasoning
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp regular mayo
- 1 tbsp homemade ranch seasoning (recipe in directions)
- Preheat grill.
- Pound chicken to even thickness, and season with BBQ seasoning.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature of 165⁰F, about 4 to 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness.
- To make the homemade ranch seasoning: Combine 2 tbsp dried parsley, 1 tbsp dried dill, 1 tbsp dried chives, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp black pepper in a spice grinder. Pulse 5 to 7 times to enhance the taste and texture of the seasoning mix. Alternatively, you can mix all of the dried herbs and spices in a bowl. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, yogurt, mayo, and ranch seasoning. Toss well.
- Each serving should have 6 ounces cooked chicken and 1½ cups broccoli salad.