This is such a quick throw together recipe for you to have prepped for the week for lunches or quick dinners on the go to keep you on plan. And who doesn’t love a cute mason jar to keep it in?
Lean and Green Entree | Cheeseburger Mason Jar Salad
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 4 quart sized mason jars
- 1 1/4 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 4 oz reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Add ground beef and brown all sides, breaking up any clumps; season with salt and pepper. Drain and allow to cool.
- Bring vinegar, water, and a pinch of salt to a boil. Pour liquid over cucumbers and set aside to make pickles. Drain the juice when ready to serve.
- Whisk together the mustard and lemon juice to make a vinaigrette.
- For 1 portion, fill a quart-sized mason jar with 1½ tablespoons of lemon mustard vinaigrette, ¼ cup of tomatoes, 4 ounces cooked ground beef, 2 tablespoons of pickles, 2 cups lettuce, 1 ounce of shredded cheese, and ¼ of the scallions.