Inspired by the bold and spicy street food of Asia, this dish is a mouthwatering combination of crispy chicken, a tantalizing sauce, and a symphony of aromatic spices. Each bite is a culinary adventure, as the tender chicken is coated in a crunchy, golden crust and then generously drizzled with a creamy, spicy sauce that will leave you craving more.
Lean and Green Entree | Bang Bang Chicken
- 1 oz chopped peanuts, divided
- 2 tsp sambal
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 cups zucchini noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs poached chicken breasts, cooled and shredded
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- Using a food processor, rolling pin or the side of a chef’s knife, crush half of the peanuts. In a small bowl, mix the crushed peanuts with the sambal and oil until blended.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini into thin ribbons to make pappardelle-like noodles. Cut cucumber into matchsticks.
- Add peanut sauce and shredded chicken to the noodles, and toss gently with tongs.
- To serve, place 1 cup zucchini noodles and 6 ounces chicken into each bowl. Neatly arrange a ½ cup of cucumber matchsticks on top of each bowl and garnish with about 2 tablespoons of both spring onion and coriander. Sprinkle remaining peanuts on top (about 7 peanut halves or ⅛ ounce per serving).