This is my FAVORITE lean & green recipe – it’s so quick and a family favorite! This is Gluten Free AND can be made dairy free if you omit the cheese on top or use a cheese substitute!
Low Carb Lean & Green Turkey Chili
- 1 TSP Oil Olive, Avocado, Coconut, Etc
- 2 Scallions – Chopped White & Green Seperated
- 1 Large Bell Pepper Any Color
- 1/4 TBSP Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1.5 LBS Ground Turkey 95-97%
- 1 28 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 TSP Cumin
- 2 TSP Chili Powder
- 4 oz Sliced Avocado
- 2 oz Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat & cook the white part of the scallions with the peppers and salt for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. About 1 minute.
- Add turkey to the pan breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, continue to cook until cooked through
- Pour in tomatoes, cumin, chili powder (or you can use a chili seasoning packet if short on time). Stir to combine.
- Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top each with 1 oz of avocado and a 1/2 oz of cheese. Sprinkle Green Scallions on top (optional) & serve!