It’s a classic! Most can not imagine Thanksgiving without the turkey so here is the perfect recipe to stay on plan and not worry while you enjoy this delicious recipe!
Lean Entree | Roasted Turkey
- 1 12 lb whole turkey thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Position your oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat oven to 450 F. Remove any packaging in the body and neck cavities of the turkey. Let it sit breast side up on a roasting rack.
- Whisk together the olive oil, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Make a slit in the skin of the turkey and rub mixture all over turkey meat.
- Pour two cups of water into the roasting pan and turn down heat to 350 F. Roast turkey for one hour uncovered. When turkey begins to turn golden brown, shield breast with the foil.
- Continue to roast for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until minimum internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Transfer turkey to cutting board and tent with aluminum foil; let rest for about 15 minutes before carving. Remove skin and carve when cool enough to handle.